Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chapter 7


Chapter 7

As I got closer I cleared my throat and asked him if he was ready. Quietly he turned to me, his face seemed puzzled, I asked him what was wrong and in a motion with his eyes he pointed to a paper laying on the desk, then walked past me. I wasn't sure what this was all about so I made my way to the desk and picked up the paper. As I started to read it, my heart started to pound and my body felt confused. The letter was written by Caroline.  I read just a few words, then had to sit down. I looked over at Edward and asked him where he had found the letter. He pointed toward the desk and said it was just lying there, then asked me if I had found some old letters from Caroline.  I shook my head no, then turned back to read more.


My dearest Samuel,

 I've missed you too and with each day that passes I know soon we will be together. The flowers bloom daily here Samuel, and just as we often talked about my days here are not of time but of moments. I feel myself breathing but cannot see if I am really here.  I guess it's a feeling of being safe.  I read your letters as if I am within the fibers of where you write.

 The more I read the more my eyes seem to blur from tears that begin to fall. I wiped my eyes and turned toward Edward.

No comments:

Post a Comment